[adsl] ADSL Routers and multiple Port 25 forwarding

John Morch morchjohn at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 21:36:42 EST 2007

I have two adsl connections with fixed ip addresses.

I forward port 25 to server1 on first one using XH1169 and do heavy spam
filtering.
I used to forward port 25 on the second to server2 using M1122 but stopped a
while ago as dont have any good spam filtering on server2.
all MX records are set to go to one or the other fixed ip addresses with the
other as a secondary.
Both servers pass traffic internally for appropriate domains.

Last night adsl1 fell over and no email was delivered (as expected)
I have tried forwarding both adsl routers to server1 but it is sbs2003 and
will not allow this it seems.

Can anyone suggest how i can forward port 25 from M1122 to XH1169 and then
onto server1 or if not possible I have a spare G604T that i can use in place
of the M1122.

There is no need for other port forwarding on adsl2

Thanks in advance

John