[adsl] Looking for ADSL VPN Router recommendations

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Thu Dec 14 02:32:05 EST 2006

I've had a play with the Netscreen 5GT.  Theyre not too hard to sort once
you've done it a couple of times, but theres little or no useful
troubleshooting should you have problems sorting the VPN out!  (You
basically need to analyse your configs each-end with a fine tooth comb).

But theyre fairly bulletproof from what i've seen. Another thumbs up. And
agreed your WAP should be seperate.  (The difficulty in having all in one
box is when your box dies...)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006, Jason Chuang wrote:

> Steve,
>
> Depending on your budget, I have had good experiences with the Netscreen 5GT
> ADSL range of firewalls.
>
> At about $700 per site (for the 10 user license model and supports up to 10
> IPSec VPN's), full Firewall and VPN features (Point to Point and Roaming)
> and is no bigger than a standard ADSL router.
>
> Reasonably easy to setup - but would recommend getting someone who knows
> about firewalls to get the most out of them.
>
> Alternativly I have heard that there is a Linksys ADSL router model that is
> slightly cheaper and also supports site to site VPN's (not sure how many you
> can set up).
>
> With either solution I would stick a $150 Wireless AP behind it.

*snip*