[adsl] Looking for ADSL VPN Router recommendations

Jason Chuang jchuang at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 14 23:05:21 EST 2006

Mark,

Fully agree with your comments on the VPN - but if all the boxes are
Netscreens (regardless of model) it is not too bad. Just set them all up
using the prebuilt standard VPN settings (just make sure you choose the same
"default" Auth/Encryption at each end)

Steve,

Also note, the head office DSL connection will need a static IP for IPSec to
work, the remote offices won't need a static IP for the VPN (set up using
Agressive mode), but if the link goes down for any reason, the remote will
have to re-initiate the tunnel by sending some traffic (Main mode VPN can be
initiated from either end - but all ends will need static IP)

Cheers

Jason