[adsl] MW1122 Troubleshooting

Mark Foster blakjak at blakjak.net
Fri Dec 22 01:22:51 EST 2006

Sounds like it's Toast.  Probably needs reflashing of its OS as a stab in
the dark - but the M[W]1122 is an old box these days.  I dare say your
quickest fix will be to pick up a cheapie from DSE or maybe even
Trademe...

If you're mad keen to fix it, this requires a console cable (you'll likely
have to make one up - i'm sure the pinouts are on the web somewhere) and
the latest Router Firmware (I have copies @ http://www.blakjak.net/adsl I
think - certainly they'd be on http://www.nzdsl.co.nz).  This assumes that
the console still has some level of response...

I vote for getting a new one. Less grief in the longer term.  The M1122
are long since discontinued and are no longer supported by Nokia - havn't
been for some time.

Mark.