[adsl] P2P on unleashed Orcon Avanced 40 Plans

Raimund Eimann raimund at cs.auckland.ac.nz
Sun Dec 10 22:26:19 EST 2006

Hi,

> > I'm wondering whether I should take this to Disputes Tribunal?
>
> You're complaining because you're getting a better service than you're
> paying for?

Concerning the service I want, I'm hardly getting any service! I got this
plan, because I wanted to use it for P2P, and that's how it was used for
about 2 years now. 4-6 weeks ago somebody changed the plan to the equivalent
of "Orcon ZeroShock" (though it's still called the same as before: "Advanced
40"). On the ZeroShock plan P2P effectively does not work at all.

I have unlimited conventional (http,ftp,rsync,...) downloads at university.
P2P is banned from the uni network, so I got the residential connection
almost exclusively for P2P.

When I buy a jar of Nutella, I expect to find Nutella in the jar and nothing
else. Here, the Orcon silently changed the "contents" of their "Advanced 40"
product, not informing me and not even changing the product's label.

Cheers,
Raimund