[adsl] Looking for a good ADSL Router.

Steve Barr steve.barr at xtra.co.nz
Thu Dec 14 23:02:29 EST 2006

Oops sorry, just read the bit about 'no wireless'; however you can disable
it and there are endless security options so not a problem.  There is also a
model without wireless, but considering the advantages of not having to
re-do cabling every time you have a house rearrangement of any description,
I'd take the wireless option as a contingency every time. There are multiple
levels of wireless security built in.

I put one of these in for a customer who is so far away from the Telecom
exchange, that most routers won't connect.  The customer is not technically
capable  (and has both Windows and Macs connected), but I haven't heard from
them in 9 months and I know they would contact me if there was a problem.  I
can't remember the last time I had to restart one of these because it was
misbehaving. Contact me by email if you want any other info.

Cons: a bit more expensive than the Dynalink.

Steve